ENTRIES FOR THE MAIN CATEGORIES ARE NOW CLOSED, BUT YOU ARE STILL ABLE TO ENTER:
Nominations for the main categories will be announced on Tuesday, 10th April 2018 at 10am. Listener Choice and acast Innovation Award voting/entries will run through until mid-May.
If you've created at least six proper episodes of a single podcast in 2017 and they've still available to download in podcast form - then you're likely able to enter.
THE DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS FRIDAY 2ND MARCH AT MIDDAY GMT
We've created 15 categories you can enter, and three special awards where you can nominate a potential winner.
You can enter your podcast in as many categories as you think are relevant (and the entry system allows you to duplicate entries).
Podcast of the Year is chosen from the winners of each of the main 15 categories.
The Listener Choice Award, voted for by listeners of British podcasts will open in March.
You enter online through our secure entry mini-site.
Full rules are here, but the audio you submit must be:
- a single MP3
- up to a maximum of 20 minutes long
- including (up to) a maximum of 5 clips,
- from at least 3 different episodes (unless stated)
- be taken from material first published between 1st January 2017 and 31st January 2018.
It should be audio that best describes the great work that you do. Alongside it, you can submit background information and/or tracklisting. This is where you should demonstrate success (from stats, social, reviews, listeners comments etc)
There are two price bands for each entry in the awards:
- Independent podcasters (where the podcast earns less than £100,000 per year): £20.
- Corporate podcasts (if its part of a business/corporate entity, OR earns more than £100,000 per year): £45.
The BPAs run at break-even, there is no payment for the organisers, and all money is invested back into the event.