We are looking for shows that celebrate the best of the podcast medium, rewarding programmes that create high-quality, episodic content, consumed by their subscribers and podcast app listeners.
To that end, judges will be asked to reward entries with an appreciation of the podcast audience and medium.
Programmes (and audio submitted) must have been produced in Great Britain and Northern Ireland and published between January 2016 and December 2016 inclusive.
Audio must have been available to download via RSS within qualifying period.
No more than 4 extracts per entry, unless stated, with clear fade in/out between extracts.
Entries should be in English.
Maximum 15mins per entry. It would help us if you could keep a lossless version (for example .wav or .aiff) available. We may ask you for it at a later date.
Written submissions should be no more than 150 words. In addition, you may include stats + tracklistings
To qualify for entry, podcasts must have at least six episodes published during the qualifying period: we’re looking for podcast series, rather than short-run or one-off works.
Each nominee must sign a release and license agreement providing British Podcast Awards with non-exclusive rights to present submissions in their entireties to promote the awards, both on the British Podcast Awards site and via other media outlets.
If copyrighted content forms part of the entry, details of agreement should be shown before the night of the awards. (i.e. is music used is creative commons, PRS licence purchased... using clips as fair use)
Conflict of Interest: individuals or companies directly involved in production and/or sponsorship of these Awards may be excluded from entry in certain categories; any potential conflicts of interest will be decided by the independent Chair of Judges.
Any disputes will be resolved on the principle of Equity.
Judges’ decisions are Final.
Terms and Conditions
- The Organiser of the British Podcast Awards is Podcast Awards Ltd.
- By entering the British Podcast Awards, the Entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and to be bound by them. These rules include any instructions set out by the dedicated submission website.
- Entry is by reference to the award categories. There is no restriction on the number of entries or on the number of categories for which an Entrant may submit their entry.
- The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to reject any entry that it deems inappropriate.
- Submission of all entries for 2017 and accompanying payment must be completed by the deadline published on the About page.
- Entries will only be accepted if they are completed in full and submitted through the dedicated submission website and accompanied by the entry fee.
- Responsibility cannot be accepted for any lost, late or mislaid entry and any entry which is damaged, defaced, illegible or incomplete, or which otherwise does not comply with these terms and conditions may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of the Organiser.
- In each of the British Podcast Awards categories, there will be one winner only. All winners will be chosen by a panel of judges drawn from the media industry as selected by the Organiser.
- The prize for each winner will be a trophy. There is no cash alternative.
- The winners will be announced on Saturday, 28th April 2017 at the Platform Theatre in Granary Square (part of University of the Arts, London)
- Winners will also be published on the Organiser’s website.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change the categories and the judging panel without prior notice to the entrants.
- The decision of the Chair of the judges on all matters affecting this competition is final and legally binding.
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners and finalists may be required to take part in some post-event publicity and consent to their name and images being used for such purposes.
- The Organiser licenses any winner to use the British Podcast Awards logo in connection with its award providing the year won is stated.
- It may be necessary for reasons beyond the Organiser’s control to alter the venue and/or date of the British Podcast Awards. In such eventuality the Organisers will give as much notice as it can as per the transfer of venue and/or date.
- Organiser liability for loss or damage incurred as a result of cancellation or postponement of the British Podcast Awards is limited to the entry fee.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.